Share & Care Community Services Group Incorporated
We are a Not For Profit Organisation that sponsors Health, Welfare & Children's Services to the communities. Founded in 1975 by a concerned group of community members in the town of Northam, the Organisation today has grown to provide 23 various services, and covers 250,000 square kilometres of the Coastal, Wheatbelt and Upper Great Southern areas.
Our thanks to Lotterywest, the State and Commonwealth Government who fund the 23 various programs.
Special mention must be made of Lotterywest, who have supported the Organisation since its inception. Without their support, we would struggle constantly to maintain our premises and the Parent Body.
Thanks also to our Corporate Sponsor: Lewis Motors who sponsor the Administration vehicle annually.
As someone who uses Services within Share and Care you have the right to:
Dignity & Privacy:
Yours will be respected by each of the Share & Care Programs, just as you should respect ours. You will be treated as an individual. We will take into account such things as your cultural background and any disability you may have. You have the right to be assessed for access to our Services without discrimination, an assessment based solely on your needs and the ability of our services to meet them.
The Right to be informed:
You have the right to know what services we have available for you to access, so that you can come to your own decisions about what you need. You have a right to know about the costs involved and your rights and responsibilities in relation to payments if applicable. You have the right to expect that when our service can not assist you, we present other options and information from similar agencies that may be able to.
The Right to make choices:
You have the right to determine what services you need. You have the right to refuse services. You are responsible for the choices you make.
The Right to complain:
You have the right to voice your concern about the service/s you receive from any of Share & Cares programs to our employees. You have the right to see that your concern is addressed fairly and quickly. You have the right to use an advocate of your choice. Please ensure your complaint is in writing, marked Confidential and addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, PO Box 365 Northam. 6401
Your complaint will be responded to within 48 hours by the CEO.
As a consumer of Share & Care Programs you have the responsibility for the outcomes of your decisions and a particular responsibility to respect the Organisation and our employees.
Share and Care Community Services provides services for a significant area of the Western Australian regions, from Moora to Narrogin to Merredin to Wundowie.
Please contact us for additional details.
Share & Care Community Services Group offers exciting and rewarding opportunities in a variety of careers to those people who are dedicated, value driven and interested in assisting to do any of the following:
- Maximise the quality of life for people in our communities that are challenged by disability, age or mental illness through our Home and Community Care and Community Aged Care packages;
- Provide Care in the form of respite for those Carers in the community who need some time out by visiting the family home via our Mobile Respite Service;
- Empower women from family & Domestic Violence by supporting and accommodating them in one of our refuges;
- Provide Court support to women going through Family & Domestic Violence matters;
- Give social support to our Menís Group, encouraging them in their social pursuits and links in the local community;
- Provide high quality support to our mental health clients;
- Support homeless men in gaining permanent accommodation and links to the community that will see gainful employment, social development and other aspects of community life;
Positions arise from time to time in the following areas:
- Program Managers
- Administration Officer
- Administration Assistant
- Crisis Support Workers
- Community Support Workers
- Child Care Support Worker (Family & Domestic Violence)
- Home Maintenance Workers
- Bus Driver
Why should you consider employment with us? We can offer you employment in an organisation that has been one of the regions major suppliers of community support services since 1975. We cover 250, 000 square kilometres of the Coastal, Wheatbelt and Upper Great Southern regions.
With us you will find a caring, compassionate team, a family friendly environment, excellent opportunities for up skilling and an employer who really does care about their staff.
We can guarantee you:
- Local work, you won't have to travel an hour to reach the office;
- Training that will keep you at the top of your field in quality service delivery;
- Whilst technically a ďConstitutional CorporationĒ, we continue to align ourselves to the relevant awards to keep it fair and pay above those awards once through the probationary period;
- Flexibility is important to us all, we will assist you wherever we can to work around your needs;
- We recognise and in fact encourage a healthy work/family balance, yes you can have that time off to watch your child run a school race, or take an ageing parent to the doctor and no we donít expect you to work more than the agreed hours, nor will we allow you to take work home;
- We have salary packaging (approved by the Australian Government) that can see you saving thousands of dollars in tax;
- Your super is paid at the set rate on time every time;
- We give you access to your Long Service Leave at 7 years pro rata, you donít have to wait for the decade to roll around;
How do you apply? Call our Head Office: 08 9622 2828 Mon-Fri and ask for an application package for the position you are interested in.
Welcome to our Policy Bank, where you can find a large variety of policies and procedures relevant to not-for-profit organisations and free for your use.
For over 30 years Share & Care have developed Policies and Procedures we have shared with many others. These Policies are based on our community service experience and our desire to ensure a truly accountable, transparent, efficient and effective organisation.
These policies are in line with best practice standards and above... why reinvent the wheel?